Fettle Studio / Care Advice and General Conditions
Take care of your ceramicsAll pieces are handmade. Because they are handmade, there is some advice to be aware of, whilst you enjoy your new ceramics:
- Care should be taken in handling, particularly with HOT contents - particularly handle-less pieces where heat can transmit very quickly.
- Pieces may exhibit some slight differences in form and finish, and there may be occasional irregularities in the clay body or glaze. Each one is slightly different, giving them character.
- Every effort is taken to achieve a high level of quality and consistency in the production of each piece.
- It is possible to put our ceramics in the dishwasher, however over time the glaze may become ‘buffed’ (similar to glassware), so it is your choice on this understanding.
- It is NOT recommended to put our ceramics in the microwave - small imperfections or air pockets within handmade ceramics can cause issues we cannot be accountable for.
- You have 14 days to return an order after receiving it.
- Please email Fettle Studio BEFORE returning the item, and include a photograph of the item to show any issues you have.
- You are responsible for the return of the item, including costs and safe delivery. Please see instructions for returning goods below.
- It will not be possible to provide a refund on items that have been put in the microwave, oven or dishwasher prior to their return. See care notes above.
- If you have any questions, please contact Fettle Studio.
Instructions for returning goods
- If you wish to make a return, please e-mail to Fettle Studio containing your name, address, e-mail address, the order number and a description of the items that are due for return.
- Ship the items for return within 14 days of receiving it, (or follow advice in our email correspondence).
- If possible, provide a tracking number for the return shipment, and send us a photograph of the items when packaged - this will assist in resolving any breakages in transit.
- We strongly recommend that you send the products well packaged, in good condition and in their original box and packaging. You may be charged for any damage that is incurred during transit, if not properly packaged.
- If a returned item is shipped internationally, mark as "RETURNED GOODS" to avoid any Customs charges. We are not responsible for any charges imposed on packages returned by Customs.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, the refund will be processed through the same payment method you used to make your original purchase.
All enquiries: see About page to get in touch.
Orders & delivery
- When you receive an order confirmation from us your purchase order is accepted and a purchase agreement is entered into. We encourage you to save the order confirmation for any future contacts with us.
- We will not prepare the order for shipping until we have received full payment for the items.
- There are three flat rate options for shipping. This is a baseline rate to be able to post the items - much larger orders may incur more shipping costs, to be discussed via email.
- All plastic packaging is reused, not bought new.
- We reserve the right to use whichever shipping provider we choose.
- If you have chosen ‘Collection Only’, you will receive an email whenever your order has been fulfilled and is ready to collect from the Clay Collective or as otherwise agreed. Please note, the studio operates irregular opening hours - please contact Lydia in advance prior to arriving at the studio to avoid disappointment.
Intellectual propertyThe Website and all its content is owned by us or our licensors and protected by intellectual property and marketing legislation. This means that trademarks, company names, product names, images and graphics, design, layout and information on products, services and other content may not be copied or used without our prior written consent.
We reserve the right to change these General Conditions, or any part of our website, at any time. We will keep a dated copy of the General Conditions for reference to past purchases.
Fettle Studio makes every effort to protect data responsibly and comply with the General Data Protection Regulations, and when choosing the services of others.
Fettle Studio does not store any personal financial data. We do not sell your personal data. We do not retain your contact details without your permission (such as sending us a direct email), or if these are publically available (such as via instagram). You can request a copy of all your personal data by contacting Fettle Studio directly.
We use Cargo-Collective as our website provider. Cargo partners with Stripe to provide the online shop platform. Any personal and financial data is stored only on Stripe’s systems, and falls within their guidelines. Click on their names to see their GDPR policies.
All third-party scripts, like Google Analytics, Google Maps, Paypal, etc., are subject to their own respective terms of service and privacy policies.
Liability and protectionAs director of Fettle Studio, Lydia holds Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance for her activity as a ceramic artist.
As an architect, Lydia holds Professional Indemnity Insurance. The term ‘architect’ is a protected term and can only be used by persons on the Architects Registration Board (ARB). Lydia is registered with the ARB, and a Professional Member of the RIBA.